Were you injured in a slip, trip, or fall accident in a store, at a hotel, or on private property in Spring Hill? Was your injury caused by negligence on the part of a property owner, manager, employee, or another party? If so, you might be able to seek compensation from the negligent party through a premises liability claim.
Serious injuries often take a serious toll on the victim’s health, their finances, and their emotional wellbeing. You shouldn’t have to pay for medical bills or deal with the loss of income from time missed from work because someone else failed to protect you from undue harm. Property owners owe visitors a duty to keep them reasonably safe while on the premises. If someone failed to address a known issue or warn you of a specific hazard that harmed you, you could be owed significant compensation.
An experienced Spring Hill slip and fall attorney at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC will be ready to discuss your case when you reach out to us for help. Our consultations are always 100% free and confidential. Take the first step and contact us by phone or online now.
What to Do If You Slip and Fall in Spring Hill, Florida
The actions you take immediately after a slip and fall accident can have a significant impact on your ability to recover compensation from the at-fault party. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident in Spring Hill, take the following steps to protect yourself and your injury claim:
- Seek medical attention – Seek medical attention immediately after a fall. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent. For example, signs of a concussion can sometimes take time to manifest. While your injuries might seem minor at first, it is best to seek treatment immediately so a physician can treat them and create a medical record that links your injuries and the slip and fall accident. This medical documentation is a crucial aspect of any slip and fall claim.
- Report the accident – Whether the accident was at a store, a business, a friend’s house, on private property, or elsewhere, you need to report the accident to a manager, supervisor, landlord, or other person responsible for the property. Some places will have an accident form that you can fill out. Be sure to put your report in writing and ask for a copy of the report to keep for your personal records.
- Document the scene – Take photos of spills, torn carpets, uneven steps, or other things that might have caused your trip and fall. If there are witnesses, ask them for their contact information. Take notes about the accident, including the time and place it occurred. Also, note any conditions that may have contributed to your fall. Keep the clothes and shoes you wore at the time of the incident and set them aside.
- Contact an attorney – Navigating the claims process after a Spring Hill slip and fall accident can be complicated. Get an attorney on your side as soon as possible. An attorney can help investigate the circumstances of the fall and help you file a claim that stands the best chance possible at recovering maximum compensation.
- Stay off social media – Do not post about the accident on social media. No matter how innocent your words may seem, they could potentially be used against you to diminish your claim. It is always best to keep communication about the incident between you and your attorney.
- Follow medical advice – Be sure to keep all your follow-up doctor’s appointments and stick to your physician’s treatment plan.
- Keep all paperwork – Keep copies of all medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and receipts related to the accident. This paperwork can help your attorney evaluate the value of your claim.
How to Prove Negligence in a Spring Hill Slip and Fall Accident
The key to recovering compensation for slip and fall accidents is demonstrating negligence. For a claim to be viable, you will need to prove that someone was negligent and that their negligence led to your fall. Property owners have a duty to keep the premises safe and free from hazards. If they know or should reasonably have known that a dangerous condition exists on their property and fail to warn visitors about it, they could be liable for injuries to guests and visitors.
Securing evidence of negligence can be challenging for accident victims. This usually requires a thorough investigation that an experienced injury lawyer can handle. A premises liability attorney could help review surveillance video, secure maintenance and inspection records, collect medical documentation, obtain accident reports, review witness statements, and other vital evidence to help build a persuasive injury claim on your behalf.
Possible Damages in a Spring Hill Slip and Fall Case
The value of a Spring Hill slip and fall claim will depend on the severity of a person’s injuries and the nature of the accident. An attorney can review your accident and calculate what your claim is worth. In general, victims may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Incidental expenses like transportation to and from doctor’s visits
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
It is best to talk to an experienced Spring Hill slip and fall accident attorney about what compensation you may be able to recover.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls in Spring Hill, FL
There are a variety of conditions that can lead to a Spring Hill slip and fall accident. Some of the most common hazards that result in falls include:
- Uneven flooring or cracks in flooring
- Stairways with broken handrails
- Stairways with no handrails
- Loose or torn carpeting or rugs
- Poor lighting in areas with potential hazards
- Obstructed walkways or aisles
- Icy walkways
Other conditions may make a property unsafe for visitors. If you have questions, contact an experienced Spring Hill slip and fall attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.
Contact Our Spring Hill Attorneys Today for Help
If you have been injured in a Spring Hill slip and fall accident, the skilled trial lawyers at Holliday Karatinos Law Firm, PLLC want to hear from you. Our team has secured more than $125 million for accident victims in our community. We are ready to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. For a free consultation with one of our experienced slip and fall attorneys, contact our office right away.